Review: Flora No.1 Face Oil


"The Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil is a highly effective face oil packed with powerful natural anti-oxidants and vitamins that are instantly absorbed to leave skin feeling plumper, firmer and glowing with radiance."

"In 2002, 30 acres of lavender was planted on the farm — one of
the largest plantations in the country" - Mitchell & Peach website 
It was February when I received a sample of this in my ipsy Glam Bag. A little brown bottle sealed in a plastic baggie—a simplistic label with a brand name in an attractive font that rolled off the tongue. I left it in the plastic bag for a week until I thought to try it, and afterwards my facial care regimen was never quite the same!


I didn't realize I'd come to like this product so much; not until I twisted the cap open, lifted it to my nose, and inhaled for the first time. A light, pleasantly floral aroma with strong apricot notes fills the senses immediately, and you only need a few drops to cover your face and neck. My skin is nourished upon application without an incredibly heavy feeling I get sometimes with cream moisturizers.

This oil is a very light, refreshing oil -- I used it mainly in the mornings as a moisturizer by itself. In the evenings this goes on before my night cream, a much heavier formula which tackles the dry spots on my combination skin.

As much as I loved the product, the price makes my heart drop. A full-sized bottle (20ml) is £30, roughly $45 USD. While I'm blessed to have a job, that price is steep for me! Regardless, I caved and purchased it as a gift to myself for my birthday in early March.


via Bustle's "All About Apricot Seed Oil"
'This light, fragrant oil is made from cold
pressing dried seeds and is packed with
fatty acids, vitamins A, C, and E, and a
shit ton of antioxidants to keep your skin
and hair looking young ... '
The sample lasted me a fair bit of time even as I used it on a nightly basis. I have my cousin to thank, since I appropriated her own 10ml sample upon learning her casual indifference to oil products. Drawing near the end of the packaging, I found myself itching to locate my next fix. The brand name was foreign and I failed to see it in the stores in my area.

I have to mention that the ingredient list is very extensive, which partly explains some of its hefty price tag. I'm also glad to know they source some ingredients from the Mitchell family farm in Kent, England.

Besides the main moisturizers (coconut, grapeseed, and sunflower oil) there are others that are especially vitamin-enriched (apricot kernel, cobnut and wheat germ oil) and some for fragrance (ylang ylang and lavender oils, and rose extract). It makes for an addicting aroma; I'd love to have the eau de parfum.

Update 05/03/16: Discovered Beautyhabit, which ships from the US. They stock the EDP. Yessss.

The fragrance is
delicately floral
INGREDIENTS: Cocos nucifera (Coconut Oil), Prunus armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Oil), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed Oil), Buxus chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Corylus avellana (Cobnut Oil), Triticum vulgare (Wheat Germ Oil), Lavender angustifolia (Lavender Oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosa centifolia (Rose Extract), Vanilla planifolia (Vanilla Extract), Viola odorata (Sweet Violet Extract), Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang Oil), Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa Oil), Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

The packaging is a nostalgic amber glass, with a pipette attached to the cap so you can easily dispense it onto your face. It's extremely convenient and easy to use, and not to mention extremely cute with a vintage-inspired feel.

3.5 out of 5 stars

If I had to rate this product, it's a 3.75 3.5 out of 5. The price is the main point of conflict -- that and the consistency of this oil is almost too light that I need to pair it a heavier product at nighttime and during the fall/winter months.

Update June 2018: After about 3 bottles, I won't be purchasing this product again. I've been sampling other oils in my area and found that coconut oil is not the best product on my skin, and felt that this was causing my pores to clog compared to other oil blends that did not contain coconut oil. Lately, I use oil blends with a sweet almond oil base; I still have a few drops of this product, which I use to soften my cuticles post-shower. All in all, if your skin is not sensitive or acne-prone... and you don't mind paying for finely-sourced ingredients... Mitchell & Peach is a luxurious oil blend to add to your routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment