Thrift: Birkenstock Boston clog


Recently I had been scouring the internet for a pair of Birkenstocks that were on the more affordable side for quite some time ... I also have a thing for corduroy -- and by 'thing,' I mean a very mighty love of the fabric. So, naturally, when I saw these beautiful clogs by Birkenstock for auction for a really great price, it was love at first sight!

At first I thought they were too good to be true and they were replicas ... But with the help of eHow's guide on how to recognize an authentic Birkenstock from a fake and resources on the Birkenstock website, I realized that they were certainly the real deal and eagerly put my bid in.

To my relief, there was no bidding war and I quietly won the auction at $10.50 with shipping costs an additional $11.55. I essentially purchased these for a grand total of $22.05 USD, which is an absolute deal. A pair of Birkenstocks retail about $80 USD and over new. With that in mind, I can say that I got a really good deal for a pair of adorable clogs.

As an advocate for buying secondhand, this is also an example of how one can purchase like-new things at a great deal, while also saving the planet from an addition to the landfill.

Click here to see the (now expired) listing on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment