Thrift: Nightinrosette cardigan & lacy brooch


While concocting new coords, I realized I needed to update my Mori wardrobe, which'd been largely sitting untouched for the year & a half I went on hiatus. Still torn between donating old clothes, or trying to sell them ...
$7 + $5 worldwide shipping
see listing on Tictail here

Regardless, I've been on the hunt for Mori & Natural Kei clothing, mostly outerwear, tops & accessories.

Outside of my Mori life, I am very dependent on cardigans. Particularly the slouchy, oversized knit ones that cover the derrière. And for some reason, I didn't own any cardigan that was brown/tan in color and couldn't find anything I really liked in my nearby stores.

Enter Nightinrosette, or Rosette from Poland; her main fashion interests are mori & natural kei and lolita. I know this lovely fairy for her stylish coords, having discovered her through her tumblr where she posts her outfits and her own inspiration.  Anyhow, she decided to sell some things she no longer wears, on the online Int'l Mori Flea Market, a Facebook group for Morifolk to advertise their wares.

Since she is one of my first influences into Mori fashion, anything she sells immediately piques my interest. In this case, I was extremely interested seeing this gorgeous tan cardigan. Surprised, too, because it'd been sitting in her store for a whole month!

I couldn't believe what a great deal it was. It was so cute; and priced so reasonably, I was shocked to see it'd gone for so long without someone buying it! Without any hesitation I snatched it up on her Tictail store because I was afraid someone else would beat me to the punch.

As a regular online shopper I'm used to long wait periods for my mail (I'm looking at you, AliExpress). I wasn't at all worried about the shipping speed. But I was still grateful—and surprised—for the unexpected PM from Rosette.

She messaged me an incredibly sincere apology for the delay in shipping, with a snapshot of the package as she stood in line at the post office waiting to send it out. The tracking code was also given to me as soon as she got it, and the individual links I can use to check the status of it.

At this point, I was just very touched that she went out of her way to contact me. Other store owners might've just updated the tracking code through Tictail without notifying the buyer at all. It was nice to know even though she was tired from school exams, she personally made sure I received this information. Rosette is just so sweet and nice! °˖✧ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Rosette does not mess around when it comes to packaging.

The lumpy white package arrived in a timely manner ... well, honestly I wasn't keeping track of the days, but it didn't feel like a long time. It was the exact lumpy white package she sent me a photo of, with the addition of really neat postage stamps of a couple seahorses and tarantulas. It was slightly larger than I expected it to be.

SO MANY LAYERS!







The next paper layer next was also taped; my name with a flowery banner and lil' hearts written in pink marker~! Aw!


The cardigan, completely
clean & dry on the inside
The layer under that was a plastic wrap taped all the way around - I'm sure if this was left in the rain or somehow fell into the ocean, my cardigan would have been perfectly fine.

After I meticulously cut through the final plastic and tape layer it was tan knit sweater bliss. The smell that permeated from the fabric was freshly laundered and slightly perfumed (which makes me wonder what type of detergent she uses) and the sweater was exactly as described: perfect condition!

I didn't take a picture of the cardigan because I couldn't really get a nice angle of it on the hanger like Rosette did in the listing picture, so you'll have to settle for the snippet of it in the photos provided. It will be featured in my next outfit post, I promise!

Also included in the listing was the lacy brooch, which was nicely sized and very cute in it's simplistic way. Not sure if this came with the cardigan when Rosette first purchased the sweater, but I'm so glad it came with! It's so pretty and versatile.

To my pleasant surprise, there was a little hand-written note from Rosette herself, and also some interesting fruit teas that I've never ever seen before. Ahh, what did I tell you about Rosette? She's just a beautiful, precious cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure.

So overall, this cardigan was a great find at a fantastic price, and I'm so glad to give it a new home in my mori wardrobe. The fact that it was from dear Nightingrosette's store makes it all the more special to me. And with her great customer service, the small heartfelt touches and A+ packaging, it made this whole online shopping experience extremely unique.

I urge you to take a look at Rosette's shoppeblog, and Instagram where she posts beautiful photos and snippets from her life.

Because Tictail's interface doesn't include reviews, she asks customers to leave them on her FB Sales page. This is what I wrote for this purchase:
"Purchased this brown cardigan that came with a brooch. It's so lovely! Exactly as pictured, and came in a timely manner. This might be weird but it smells very nice; freshly laundered with a perfume smell? Hehe. And the packaging was very secure -- thank you for the tea goodies ~ "
I'm so happy with my new cardigan and will surely wear it many, many times, both within and outside of my mori life. I can't wait to share with you my first outfit with it. Thank you all for reading, and see you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment