Outfit: Paisley Doll


Aside from mori kei and natural kei, I love all sorts of different fashions. Some that I like to draw inspiration from are lolita and dolly kei. Whenever I can, I like to incorporate the silhouettes, patterns, and details from such alternative fashions into my every day outfits; this particular one I put this together on a sunny Sunday morning, for going out to brunch with the boyfriend.


In the bottom righthand corner, there are a pair of white shorts beneath the purse. While invisible in the coord, it's wide shape
and stiffness gives the lace skirt worn above it some added volume. A cheap fix for those who don't have lolita petticoats!
I've had this dress for a very long time. It is the only clothing I have with a paisley or paisley-like pattern, and it reminds me of much of the patterns I see in dolly kei. But for all this time, I've never paired it with colors other than all black.

I didn't think it would look so nice with the tan cardigan I purchased from Nightingrosette, but I discovered they actually pair very well together! To soften the whole look, I grabbed my lace bralette and a severely neglected chiffon skirt from my mori wardrobe; their creamy colors add a hint of femininity without taking away from the loud pattern.



I've also developed an affinity for floppy hats ... and since I've last posted an outfit (roughly two years ago!) I've dyed my my hair a honey-toned ombre. My hair looks short in these pictures, since the front is slightly shorter than the back.

You'll notice most of the pieces that make this outfit is derived mostly from Forever21. I don't mean to be some F21 poster child; I just tend to have lots of luck finding clothes from that brand that suite me. While the majority of their clothing is trendy and/or cheaply made, you can find really great and durable pieces if you take the time to search for them. Alternatively, F21 can be commonly found in secondhand stores and you'd be surprised at what a great deal you get for like-new conditions.

Felt floppy hat: $29 from Amiko Boutique, SF Japantown (x)
Tan cardigan: $7 from Nightinrosette (also featured in FOTW here)
Lace bralette: Around $20, new from Forever21
Paisley Dress: On sale $10, new from Forever21
Chiffon skirt: $12, thrifted from Plato's Closet in Pacifica
Cotton shorts: Gap, thrifted from thredUP for $6.99 (x)
Messenger purse: Forever21, an old hand-me-down from my cousin
Shoes: Wanted Knockout Bootie in Suede, $39 from DSW (x)
Knee-length socks: offbrand, new from DAISO Japan


Thank you for viewing! I hope you enjoyed this simplistic dolly and lolita inspired coord. I'm afraid of delving fully into other styles as I have with Mori fashion, so the challenge of finding pieces that work is very fun and rewarding. Do you like mixing and matching different styles, too?

Anyhow, I do hope you enjoyed this outfit. Any critiques or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Ahh, I'm already itching to put together more coords. But until then, see you next time~!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment